Celebrating 25 year!
The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) will generally be open Monday-Friday 08h30-16h00 from November 1st-January 5th, 2018. The park office will then be open on weekends as well from 08h30-14h30 starting Jan 13th, 2018.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits can be obtained through our self-serve system outside of office hours, cash only please.
Sites are first-come first-serve (non-reserveable) from Nov 1st-May 2018.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
Are you interested in an executive position on the Board of Directors of the Friends of Frontenac Park?
Three positions are available. Seize this opportunity to get more active with our organization. Follow this link to read more about our search. (pdf format)
Notice of interest and informal inquiries can be made with any board member or contact Chantal St. Amour, Secretary FOF: email@example.com.
- **** CHRISTMAS BIRD COUNT (CBC)****
- Join us on Saturday 16-December-2017 for the annual Christmas Bird Count for Frontenac. The Friends lead the “Frontenac” Christmas Bird Count (CBC) field surveys for the Park area. A great opportunity to learn more about birding while exploring different habitats. View the official poster (pdf).
- Children and their families can also celebrate birds and contribute to the “Frontenac” CBC by joining in the Christmas Bird Count for Kids! on 16-December-2017. View the official poster (pdf).
- Please note: The gate to Big Salmon Lake road is CLOSED for the season. Trails will be accessible via the Corridor Trail.
- Winter 2018 Preview:
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 11-October-2017).
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
- Read the Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 01-December-2017