Celebrating 25 year!
The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. When the office is closed, permits for day use are still required and may be obtained from the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the park office. Interior camping permits must be obtained from the park office during business hours.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits can be obtained through our self-serve system outside of office hours, cash only please.
Reservations can be made 5 months in advance of your arrival date for dates 01-May-2017 to 28-October-2017. All camping in April is on a first-come first-serve basis.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
Attention all volunteers! You are invited on 07-October-2017, starting at 09h00, to help us sweep the trails and ensure they are in good condition for our fall/winter season.
Meet at the park office to be assigned your trail. Free refreshments and snacks will be available throughout the day.
Click here to view the official the poster. (pdf format)
- 07-October-2017, Fall Trail Sweep starting at 09h00 at the Park Office.
- The Frontenac Challenge is in full swing, you have till the end of October to register and complete it. Get going!.
- Check out the list of exciting courses (Training Program) offered at the Park in 2017. Register today! More will be added later. (posted 24-October-2016).
- Did you see the new Ontario Parks Backcountry webpage? Check it out. (posted 05-April-2017)
- Read the new Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 04-June-2017).
- The 5th edition of the Park Map has arrived! Get your copy now at the Park Office. (posted 09-January-2015)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 03-September-2017