The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 7 days per week. Camping permits MUST be obtained through the park office when the office is open. Interior Camping permits cannot be obtained through the self-serve system at this time. Day-Use permits can be obtained through our self-serve system located to the right of the Park Office, cash only please.
Reservations can be made 5 months in advance of your arrival date for dates May 1st-Oct 28, 2018.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
National Geographic designated 2018 as “The Year of the Bird”, and we will be offering a variety of nature walks, workshops, and special events that celebrate birds. The Friends of Frontenac Park are thrilled to announce that the Community Foundation for Kingston and Area will be supporting our endeavors financially through a Community Grant. Stay tuned for details… and plan to come and celebrate birds with us!
- July 20: Healthy Parks Healthy People - Come celebrate HPHP at Frontenac Provincial Park with the Friends. FREE day-use at all provincial parks.
- NOTE that by popular demand, a Red Cross Wilderness First Aid course has been added from September 28 to Sunday, September 30 2018. Register now.
- Check out the 2018 Park Information Guide (posted 22-February-2018)
- Read the 2017 Frontenac Christmas Bird Count (CBC) final report. (posted 26-February-2018)
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 21-May-2018).
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
- Read the Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 05-July-2018