The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 7 days per week. Camping permits MUST be obtained through the park office when the office is open. Interior Camping permits cannot be obtained through the self-serve system at this time. Day-Use permits can be obtained through our self-serve system located to the right of the Park Office, cash only please.
Reservations can be made 5 months in advance of your arrival date for dates May 1st-Oct 28, 2018.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
National Geographic designated 2018 as “The Year of the Bird”, and we will be offering a variety of nature walks, workshops, and special events that celebrate birds. The Friends of Frontenac Park are thrilled to announce that the Community Foundation for Kingston and Area will be supporting our endeavors financially through a Community Grant. Stay tuned for details… and plan to come and celebrate birds with us!
- Register for these courses by calling the Park Office (613) 376-3489.
- Upgrade your skills! Register for our Wilderness Navigation Using Map and Compass - Level I offered on 26-May and our Level II on 27-May-2018.
- Time to re-certify? Register now for the Red Cross Wilderness First Aid - RECERTIFICATION on 26-May-2018.
- Get your wilderness first-aid certification. Register for the Red Cross Wilderness First Aid offered both on June 01-03 and June 15-17.
- Want to know about canoeing? Register for Walter Sepic's Canoe Clinic on June 02.
- Learn about cooking in the wild by taking the half day Single Burner Gourmet Cooking course on June 10. Stay for the afternoon course, see next item.
- Should you take your gadgets in the wild? Check out Electronics on Wilderness Trips on June 10 (afternoon). Why not come to the morning session on cooking also? See line above.
- Looking for a canoe certification course? Register for ORCKA Basic Canoe Certification - Tandem Basic Level 1, 2 and 3 or (solo) level 4 on June 16-17.
- Join the friends for the annual Erhard Frenzl Memorial Paddle (AKA President's Paddle)on June 22-24.
- June 26 is National Canoe Day. Show your self-propelled boat some water! The Friends will celebrate the event during the Erhard Frenzl Memorial Paddle above.
- Check out the 2018 Park Information Guide (posted 22-February-2018)
- Read the 2017 Frontenac Christmas Bird Count (CBC) final report. (posted 26-February-2018)
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 21-May-2018).
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
- Read the Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 21-May-2018