The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is now open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits can be obtained through our self-serve system outside of office hours, cash only please.
Sites are first-come first-serve (non-reservable) from Nov 1st-May 2018.
Reservations can be made 5 months in advance of your arrival date for dates May 1st-Oct 28, 2018.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
Are you interested in an executive position on the Board of Directors of the Friends of Frontenac Park?
Three positions are available. Seize this opportunity to get more active with our organization. Follow this link to read more about our search. (pdf format)
Notice of interest and informal inquiries can be made with any board member or contact Chantal St. Amour, Secretary FOF: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: The Big Salmon Lake road is still CLOSED for the season. It should re-open soon. (posted 15-April-2018)
- Attention all volunteers! The 21-April-2018 is Spring Trail Sweep (AKA Trail Maintenance) Day. Time to get the trails ready for the summer. View the poster for details.
- Volunteers, we need you again for the Spring Work Day on 29-April-2018.
- Get ready for the summer!
Register for these courses by calling the Park Office (613) 376-3489.
- Take the Survival Techniques for the Outdoors on 28-April-2018.
- Register now for our popular Introduction to Backcountry Camping course offered on 05-May-2018.
- Join the Friends for a guided Spring Nature Walk on 05-May-2018. Meet at 10h00 at the Park Office.
- Interested in birds? Join Kathy and Mike for an "Early Bird" Spring Bird Walk on 06-May-2018.
- Upgrade your skills! Register for our Wilderness Navigation Using Map and Compass - Level I offered on 12-May and 26-May and our Level II on 27-May-2018.
- Time to re-certify? Register now for the Red Cross Wilderness First Aid - RECERTIFICATION on 26-May-2018.
- Check out the 2018 Park Information Guide (posted 22-February-2018)
- Read the 2017 Frontenac Christmas Bird Count (CBC) final report. (posted 26-February-2018)
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 01-February-2018).
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
- Read the Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 15-April-2018